Friday, February 10, 2017

Time to say Good-Bye

I started this blog in 2008 as a way to show off my spinning and knitting projects, in hopes that I'd become the next Yarn Harlot (I know, so adorable). That was before I had kids, or writing goals. Now, 9 years later, I have (almost) five kids (yes, FIVE) and I handful of actual writing credits. I've presented at conferences (plural) and as my work is getting more recognition, my blog has become slightly more public. Most of the content on this blog is personal, so I think the time has come to take it down.

I'll leave it up for a bit longer, but then, sadly, as must come to pass with all things on the internet, this blog will go the way of all the earth and pass away.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop blogging. I set up a wordpress site (BethBuckAuthor.wordpress.com) and that will be my official author page, though it will deal with almost exclusively writing stuff. And, God Willing, I will be writing a serial novel hosted by Fiction Vortex starting later this year, so there's that.

Farewell, my blog fans (both of you!). You've been a great audience.

2 comments:

  1. I've long admired your seeming ability to write and post what's on your mind eloquently and without agonizing. I tend to over think and over work everything on my blog, and yours has always felt fresh to me. I'm sad to see the personal blog go! I will miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, when I wanted to "disappear" my blog, I just made it private. It's been so fun reading your blog. If you delete it, it goes away forever. That might be something you would regret in the future. Maybe not, but I thought I'd point out the privacy option as a way of "deleting" the blog that still preserves it for you for memories' sake.

    ReplyDelete

I do so love comments. They make me feel important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails