Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Proud Parenting Moments

I've been doing a lot of spinning lately. The Squeaker thinks it's pretty cool to spin, too.





For each of these videos, I was working on carding/ spinning, but then had to leave the room for one reason or another.  When I came back, I discovered what you see in the video. (In the second one, The Shieldmaiden is complaining quite loudly that I left her in the high chair.)

Kids choose their own interests, of course, but few things have made me prouder as a parent than seeing my child take an interest in things I like. Especially since I have not been successful in getting the Squeaker to like Karate.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is the coolest thing ever!! You're my hero. I still daydream about living on several acres, next door to you guys. Raising chickens with a big garden; chris and I making kitchen tools with his whittling skills; trading our goods/knowledge. *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That is a common misconception - it only works if you use flax. I have some in my basement that I could show you, sometime. The Squeaker is using wool that has been dyed orange with yellow onion skins.

      Delete

I do so love comments. They make me feel important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails