Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Black Belt Testing

I have an actual date for my test. March 8.

I try not to think about it too much. I oscillate daily between thinking, "I know so much Karate! I have progressed so much in the art!" to thinking, "I am worthless. I know nothing. I'm weak, and a sinner."

I'll just show up and do my best. My actual best, not what I told my parents was my best when I came home with C's in English in 10th grade.

I did lots of Karate yesterday and I feel great! I punched things so hard I scraped the skin off my knuckles. It felt really good to do that. I don't think I've ever punched anything that hard. It's not fun unless you feel sore all over the next day. Maybe I'm just masochistic like that.

In other news:

The Shieldmaiden can pull herself up to stand. She is my strongest baby. As she grows up I want to have her do lots of stuff that requires strong muscles. Like Karate. But if she picks Judo, that's ok, too.

1 comment:

I do so love comments. They make me feel important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails