Sunday, March 24, 2013

Evil Cookies

Sometimes I really hate being "That" kind of mom. Specifically, the kind of mom that doesn't allow her kids to have chocolate. And the reason why I don't like being "That" kind of mom is because if the kids aren't allowed to have chocolate, that means I can't have it, either.

Easter is coming up. We're going to do what we've done for the last couple of years. The kids are getting candied pineapple, dehydrated mango and yogurt-covered raisins in their baskets. They're not exactly 100% sugar free, but there is a LOT less sugar in those things than in Cadbury Creme Eggs.

But I digress. There is a valid reason why we have to to have a low-sugar Easter, as I was rudely reminded last night.

Have you ever seen these cookies? They are so sinfully delicious. They are a heavenly confection of sugar, butter, white flour, and lemon zest. The problem is, every time I make them my children go just a little bit insane. Especially, ironically, The Cookie (Maybe that's why we call him that - because he's not allowed to have any!). I let him have a few snitches of the cookie dough, and then he had one at around 6:15 pm yesterday evening. He didn't get anything that resembled restful sleep until about 2 am, so it follows that I didn't get any, either.

The Squeaker helped me make the cookies, and this morning asked if we could make some more. Nope. They are evil cookies. They taste so good, but they are so bad for you.


1 comment:

I do so love comments. They make me feel important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails