Friday, January 4, 2013

Knitting Season

It's -8 F today. After two weeks in Texas, the cold weather here in Utah has been absolutely brutal. Our house has pretty poor insulation, and we don't want to crank up the AC, and so The Husband and I have decided that the only way we're going to survive this winter is to encase ourselves in wool.

Thankfully, I have a lot of it. I've gotten pretty good at knitting and spinning in the last few years, so the thing to do is to go into PRODUCTION MODE!!!!!

Here's a list of things I want to make:

Socks for Me
A new Cardigan (Ravelers may be familiar with the "Sweater For Arwen" Pattern. Now that my skill in knitting has increased, I've found that I desire more and more patterns that you actually have to pay for. We don't "do" impulse purchases at this house, so I need to wait on it for a bit until I decide that this is what I really want to make.)
Thrummed mittens for The Squeaker
A hat for The Squeaker (he has alternately asked for this garment in red, green, and grey. So I don't know what he really wants.)
A hat for The Husband

You might notice that The Cookie is not on the list. That's because as the second child, he can already fit into a number of woolen things I made the Squeaker in years past. Also, his little teddy-bear shaped snow suit is probably the warmest coat in the house.

I made The Husband some socks for Christmas. I used a pattern from a book of socks that was last year's Christmas present, but this pattern had "issues" so I had to keep frogging them back. I called them my Sisyphus socks. Now that they are complete, however, The Husband refers to them as his Luxury Socks. He is a smart man.

Well, back to my needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love comments. They make me feel important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails