Thursday, November 15, 2012

I miss my wheel

I'm talking about my spinning wheel. (Of course). I haven't been able to spin on it for a month or so, now, because The Squeaker was playing around with it, and the scotch tension peg got tangled in the flyer and it ruined the spring. (I don't expect that sentence made much sense to people who aren't familiar with spinning wheels.) This is the second spring the Squeaker has stretched for me to date, but I suppose to be fair, it was partially my fault for leaving it out and unattended in the first place.

Cold weather is upon us, and that makes me want to spin and knit a whole bunch of warm and woolly things for the kiddos. It's been kind of a wrench, being without my wheel. I've been a little stressed out, lately, with no way to relieve the stress! I finally broke down and ordered a  replacement spring (Plus and extra!!!) and it will be here by Monday or maybe Saturday. Then I can spin again!! HURRAH! I have oodles of beautiful luxury fibers in my stash aching to be spun: silk! linen! baby camel down! Wool, wool, wool, and more wool! <3 a="a" be="be" by="by" hat="hat" heart="heart" is="is" less="less" not="not" p="p" s="s" silly="silly" than="than" that="that" the="the" three.="three." way.="way." wool="wool" would="would">
Blessed relief!

Oh, yeah, one other thing: You've probably noticed that I'm still blogging a lot even though it's November and I said I wouldn't be blogging much since I was going to do NaNoWriMo again this year. Well, I've officially quit for 2012. One week was about all I could handle. I still added 11k words to my current project, so it was certainly not a total waste.

To be quite candid, I don't know if I've got it in me to be a novelist. I am already so sick of Nell and Bert and Count Burchard and the magic Flemish spinning wheel that I want to scream. Well, maybe not scream, but you know what I mean. I enjoy writing, but a novel requires a lot more attention and care than I am able to provide. Especially when there are so many other things that I would like to be doing. I haven't knit or spun in months, for example. I can't live like this any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do so love comments. They make me feel important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails